Spring 2023 Honors Plans for Current James Scholars
It is time to submit your Honors Plans for Spring 23. Please access the form on the James Scholar Canvas page.
Plans must be submitted by Feb. 10 at 11:59 p.m.
AHS students who would like to begin the self-nomination process to become a James Scholar must meet the following requirements:
- Earned a 3.50 cumulative Illinois GPA.
- Completed at least one semester on the UIUC campus, including 12 graded hours.
- Have no history of academic integrity violations.
- Not be a second semester junior or beyond(unless the student has received permission to remain an undergraduate for a fifth year).
Provided those requirements are met, students can beginning the Self-Nomination process during the first 2 weeks of the fall or spring semester.
PLEASE NOTE: Students beginning the Self-Nomination process in the spring semester must complete TWO Honors Plans to earn James Scholar designation for the academic year.
The Self-Nomination process is as follows:
- Student meets eligibility requirements above.
- Please complete the Self-Nomination Form prior to the second Friday of the semester. The deadline for Spring 2023 is Jan. 27 at 11:59 p.m. No late forms will be accepted.
- After AHS reviews the form, the student will receive an email giving them access to the Canvas site for AHS James Scholars.
- Via the Canvas site, the student will submit an Honors Plan (or two) by the fourth Friday of the semester. The deadline for Spring 2023 is Feb. 10 at 11:59 p.m. (If student is self-nominating in the spring semester, they must submit TWO honors plans.)
- Any self-nominating student who does not submit their Honors Plan by the stated deadline will be removed from the self-nominating process.
Deadlines for Spring 2023
Submit Self-Nomination Forms: Jan. 27 at 11:59 p.m.
Submit Honors Plans: Feb. 10 at 11:59 p.m.
Submit i-Program completion certificates and response papers: May 12 at 11:59 p.m.
Volunteer supervisors complete volunteering documentation: May 12 at 11:59 p.m.