NEW AHS James Scholars
Welcome to a new year in the AHS James Scholar Honors Program. There will be a meeting for NEW James Scholars (new freshmen and transfer students) to explain the program on:
Aug. 30 at 5 p.m.
Room 2001 Huff Hall
If you are a new freshman or transfer student, please plan to attend.
AHS students who would like to begin the self-nomination process to become a James Scholar must meet the following requirements:
- Earned a 3.50 cumulative Illinois GPA.
- Completed at least one semester on the UIUC campus, including 12 graded hours.
- Have no history of academic integrity violations.
- Not be a second semester junior or beyond(unless the student has received permission to remain an undergraduate for a fifth year).
Provided those requirements are met, students can beginning the Self-Nomination process during the first 2 weeks of the fall or spring semester.
PLEASE NOTE: Students beginning the Self-Nomination process in the spring semester must complete TWO Honors Plans to earn James Scholar designation for the academic year.
The Self-Nomination process is as follows:
- Student meets eligibility requirements above.
- Please complete the Self-Nomination Form prior to the second Friday of the semester. The deadline for Fall 2022 is Sept. 2nd @11:59pm. No late forms will be accepted.
- After AHS reviews the form, the student will receive an email giving them access to the Canvas site for AHS James Scholars.
- Via the Canvas site, the student will submit an Honors Plan (or two) by the fourth Friday of the semester. The deadline for Fall 2022 is Sept. 16 at 11:59 p.m. (If student is self-nominating in the spring semester, they must submit TWO honors plans.)
- Any self-nominating student who does not submit their Honors Plan by the stated deadline will be removed from the self-nominating process.
Deadlines for Fall 2022
Submit Self-Nomination Forms: Sept. 2 at 11:59 p.m
Submit Honors Plans: Sept. 16 at 11:59 p.m.
Submit i-Program completion certificates and response papers: Dec. 16 at 11:59 p.m
Volunteer supervisors complete volunteering documentation: Dec. 16 at 11:59 p.m.