The University of Illinois recognizes the highest achieving undergraduates as James Scholars. The James Scholars in the College of Applied Health Sciences are challenged to enrich their scholarly activity through
- Direct faculty interaction
- Global and community engagement
By embracing these activities, an AHS James Scholar will be challenged to impact the future.
Given the circumstances in Spring 2020...
Given the circumstances in Spring 2020 and the recent academic changes announced today, we want everyone to be aware of how these changes may impact you as a James Scholar. Our goal is for you to continue your academic path this semester with little to no disruption regarding your James Scholar status.
Please read the items below carefully. They will explain the Spring 2020 adjustments and any additional steps necessary.
- Since students are now allowed to elect CR/NC in any course, even if it fulfills a major requirement, that holds true for any course you are using to complete your honors project.
- If you decide to choose CR/NC in your honors project course, and receive credit (CR), that will fulfill your honors requirement.
- Please email Tonya Pulley at firstname.lastname@example.org to share if you plan to elect CR/NC in your honors project course.
- Honors projects
- Please correspond with your instructor in your honors project course about any necessary adjustments to your project.
- If you have any concerns about adapting your project that your instructor can't answer, feel free to contact Tonya Pulley at email@example.com.
The College will make every effort to work with you to ensure your James Scholar experience during this atypical semester is rewarding. As always, feel free to contact Tonya Pulley at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.