Get advice on the classes you should take to reach your goals. Learn more about possible career paths. Talk with someone who genuinely cares about you and your future.
Students in recreation, sport and tourism have the opportunity to work with a great undergraduate advisor in Patty Pyrz, who brings incredible energy, experience, and knowledge to navigating the academic landscape at Illinois. She will help students better define their career and academic plans, find the right student organizations, and build their network with our vast web of alumni.
- Pre-registration appointments are mandatory for all RST students and are scheduled for 20-25 minutes. Should you feel you need more time, feel free to schedule another appointment after all students have been seen.
- All advising meetings are held in 129A Huff Hall and available by appointment through online scheduling.
- Walk-in hours also are available at the beginning of the semester. Students will be notified of these via email. Hours are varied, so be sure to read your email carefully for any changes sent.
Scheduling an Appointment
- All students will receive an email from Patty at the beginning of the semester that contains a link to an online scheduler to make appointments. Please be sure to have your UIN and Illinois email address available.
- Appointments are required, so please do not miss your appointment or your account will be placed on hold.
- Once you receive a time ticket (which tells you the date of when you can register) you will have a better understanding of when you can meet with your advisor during the semester. Seniors, juniors, student-athletes, and James Scholars will have priority registration and thus will be seen earlier for advising.
- Your time ticket will be sent to you via email, but if for some reason you did not receive this, you can contact email@example.com to access your time ticket. Tentative schedules are available at Online Registration
- If you are having difficulty registering, send Patty an email with your UIN, NET ID, and error code you are receiving and she will try to help you.