- How do I schedule a ride?
- What if I miss the bus?
- What if my class gets out too late to catch the bus?
- Can I get a ride off-campus?
- What if I oversleep and miss my ride?
- What do I do when DRES Transportation cannot provide service?
- What can I do about traveling and snow and ice during the winter months?
Students living in campus housing should make arrangements for pickups by calling the DRES Transportation office at 333-4616. Pick-ups and drop-offs are scheduled on the hour and the half-hour only and each ride must be scheduled through the Office of Accessibility and Transportation.
It is the responsibility of the student to be at their pick-up location at the scheduled time. Although the bus may arrive later, the bus will never leave your pick-up location before your scheduled pickup time.
If near the Quad, you may wait for the next DRES bus on the hour route, or catch the next MTD bus, all of the MTD buses are accessible. You may also call DRES Transportation Office at 333-4616 and we will radio our specialists, while you remain on the phone to determine if and when a specialist would be available to pick you up.
Some classes and University sponsored events or medical needs off campus can be scheduled through DRES Transportation at 333-4616. DRES Transportation does not provide rides for non-University related purposes (examples of non-University related trips include; shopping trips for food, liquor, personal errands, restaurants, movies, etc.)
You may catch the next available MTD bus, or call the DRES Transportation office at 333-4616 and we will radio our specialists, while you remain on the phone, to determine if and when a specialist would be available to pick you up.
There may be times when DRES Transportation will not be able to meet your transportation needs. The Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District offers transportation to all University students. MTD buses are all lift-equipped and for more specialized service, students can fill out an application to apply for para-transit services. Contact the MTD at 217-384-8188 for more information.
Bus service at a glance
- Fill out a Ride Request Form for semester-long transportation needs.
- Call 217-333-4616 for temporary rides from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F.
- Schedule night rides (5-10 p.m. M-F) by calling 217-333-4616 before 4 p.m. on evening of ride.
- Please remember we do not service rides from 6:15pm-7:15pm, M-F, due to the night driver break period.
To become qualified: If you have not yet registered with DRES, contact the DRES Student Services Office at 217-333-4603.